Achieving better AAV vector productivity and product quality
August 05, 2022
Transient transfection of plasmids into suspension HEK293 cells is still the most commonly used method for the production of recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) gene therapies – in this episode, Diane Golebiowski and Marissa Stanvick discuss ways to optimize that process.
1. How important is plasmid design to vector productivity and quality?
2. What were the biggest challenges you found with the design of the dual plasmids?
3. And how important is rAAV sequence to vector productivity?
4. What other areas did you focus on when trying to increase the bioreactor productivity?
5. What areas are key to focus on for a successful scale up?