Challenges in cryogenic storage containers for cell and gene therapy
March 22, 2023
Sean Werner and Alex Sargent
Current options for cryogenic storage containers in cell and gene therapy are limited in their functionality as the industry continues to move towards increased scale and automation. In this episode, Sean Werner and Alex Sargent address specific challenges with current optionality, while also considering what future innovations in this area might look like.
To read this interview and access lots more content, visit the Cell and Gene Therapy Insights website
1. How have we landed on the current landscape of options for cryogenic storage containers used in the cell and gene therapy space?
2. Where do the current offerings fall short as the cell and gene therapy industry continues to grow?
3. What will be negative impacts of continuing with these solutions as opposed to developing containers more specific to industry needs?
4. What should the cryogenic container of the future look like? What are the most important considerations or features?
5. What additional considerations need to be addressed if truly allogeneic therapies, with tens of thousands of doses, are found to be more universally successful?